King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Sign in to follow this  
Maverick23

Kicked for spawn camping.

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

On Arma 3 KOTH US#1 No Jets, I was kicked for supposedly 'spawn camping' when in fact I was attacking an enemy tank which was sitting on a hill mere metres from there spawn.

I think this common method of banning/kicking players is absolutely disgusting as I have had this happen to me on multiple occasions on servers across the board and I think the issue needs serious addressing. I cannot tell who banned me or if there was player preference.

I checked your rules and it explicitly states that 'You are allowed to shoot from safe zone and kill people only if you are being spawned camped. IF you are not being spawn camped, you are NOT allowed to sit on the edge of spawn and snipe, making yourself invulnerable. Doing so will be treated as glitching.'

Which is interesting because the reason I attacked the tank in the first place, was because it was attacking our team while sitting on a hill, a hill which was BARELY outside his own spawn.

So I will repeat the scenario. Tank shoots me from outside his spawn (NOT ALLOWED), I attack tank in a pawnee, he turns and runs back toward his spawn, as I continue the attack I am suddenly kicked for 'Spawn camping'.

Now I hardly play your servers, and I wont reveal my player name, but I truly think this type of occurrence is not only pathetic by the players involved but also the admins.

So yeah, I am sure nobody will care, or you will tell me that I am probably lying. But this scenario was so black and white that I was stunned when that screen popped up telling me I was kicked. So I would really recommend either reviewing your rules, or get your admins in line. Maybe it was a power hungry admin, but the amount of times this crap happens astounds me and is completely unfair!

Hello,

Thanks for your post, You were kicked for engaging targets in a safe zone, not for spawn-camping. Being a new server, (2 weeks old) we are still refining our rules based on player behavior, Whilst we do have the 'you may shoot out of spawn' rules if you are getting spawncamped, it mainly appiles to our inf only server. It is difficult almost impossible to take down a kajman sitting high up over a spawn point or a fast moving pawnee from the safe zone as you cannot shoot guided missles in the safe zone. Hence why other severs have the 500m rule on vech servers. This is something we will look into as that game people could not leave spawn and simply gave up and left the server.

You have highlighted the need for a more defined rule set for our Vech only server and we thank you for it

Regards,

Aq