King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Krueger

"rocketmanning" on US 4.

Hello, 

Player name: Krueger 

Person: various 

Which server did this happen on: US 4, i dont know about others, i play exclusively on this one. 

What happened:

We are seeing more and more people abusing the glitch, where you jump off hummingbird rails, and instantly shoot a rocket before hitting the ground and dying. This is used for taking out transports, and parked spawn vehicles in the zone. 

As seen in the first video, i asked the players if this is a bannable offense, and was informed that it is not. How is this not abusing a glitch? There is a good reason you are not able to shoot rocket launchers from any of the helos, but even if that is not a consideration, the simple fact, that performing this will end in your demise is a pretty clear indication, that it falls under the same rules as air ramming. I sincerely think, that this cheapens the experience, especially since we do not have ready access to AA, and basically have to resort to APDS against it (maaws and rpg-s clearly does not have the ammo or the possibility to rearm to sustain a defense). Unlike redneck pawnee, which is a fun and skillfull experience for both sides, this is a kamikaze move, that does not even require your survival to be effective. The players doing it exclude themselves from the actual mission, and spend their time basically griefing others with a stupid gimmick. It being expensive to do is hardly true, 800 is nothing. 

Just because it is not specifically outlined in the rules, i think something like this should be not permitted, especially it is very easy to keep track of. I do not see any rules against mortar teams, which is very easy to do given the distances, but we are also not sitting in the AO rearming constantly and shooting HE into the prio, are we now? (i can gladly link a video if you want to see what im talking about) I do not see heli snipers basically ever, only the vision glitching of towers by APDS snipers is prevalent, but only by 3 players, who are basically inconsequential to the flow of the game.The experience so far is great on this server, i believe we are in the top15 in playtime, and enjoying every moment of it. Dont take it wrong, i do not mind some fun times while playing, i enjoyed breaking Exile servers with shenanigans as much as the next guy, and will continue to jump mod to mod until arma 4 is out if ever. But i also think, that the healthy playerbase and servers are vital for us to enjoy this as long as it lasts. Discouraging basically 50-60% of the playerbase by allowing the top 5% to abuse them with gimmicky trolling that they cannot fight against until they have unlocked weapons limited to levels that need 100 hours+ to unlock is counterproductive. 

If you think, that this is something that should be allowed, please just delete my post, i do not want to argue over something that effects me for about 2 minutes a day (which is considerably shorter than making this post :D ), it is simply a suggestion. 

Thanks for considering my points, and thank you for running this awesome server. 

I will link 2 videos to show what exactly is happening: 

Guest Danceswithcows

I came to these forums to see if rocketmanning was bannable, saw your post, and want to add another voice to the complaint.

This seems not much different from vehicle ramming/kamikaze. and it's hard to see it as anything but a form of trolling in this context (this isn't COD). It's not even used tactically (targeting vehicles or spawn vics), they are just rocketmanning individual players most times. It's also clearly in the realm of exploiting/glitching since it can only be done the way its done (i.e. getting out launcher before boarding chopper, jumping under 100 so your chute doesnt open so you can shoot it etc).  

The game can be very frustrating, which is just the nature of arma/koth's "hardcore" nature. I dig that about koth.  But you add bullshit tactics like this, used almost entirely by high rank players with a ton of cash (and who are probably just bored), and which can't really be countered... yeah... fk that.  

I'm not against some game imbalances. I like having fun with derpy tactics. I'm even okay with rednecking (even though not having AA launchers as a counter, until leveling up for weeks, is garbage), which can be even more annoying than this. But this is fking stupid. Hell, if rocketmanning and rednecking are gonna be part of infantry gameplay, then let there be armed heli-transports, and drop down the level requirement of the AA launcher so everyone has a means to fight back. 

Most people who rocketman end up dying more than they kill, making it hardly OP in terms of the overall flow of the game. And very few people even do it. Also you can always just shoot them out of the sky. This one i baited because he was hitting our trucks as they left spawn. 

https://gyazo.com/ac01d2866b78af3822943c1a82f3101c

Guest Danceswithcows

That's kinda my point... it's not done for the sake of the team or overall flow of the game, it's done to be a dick and troll ppl. Other trolling behavior is banned, why not this one? 

Sure, few people do it... they do it, repeatedly, over the course of multiple games... but sure... "a few"

That's a funny kill... but also... low level skin... and that guy is fking terrible. I'm talking about the dudes whose buddies fly them in their multitechnicolor EDM chopper all game.  Approach you direct at 200mph, are over you before you realize wtf is happening and dead. Post me some shoot downs of them :D

Why would u bait him and not simply kick him for spawn camping? 

Hell, it's you guys's server, so its your call. You obvi can enforce or ignore as you wish. But given that ur the only viable koth game in town, I wish there was more of an active role by admins to tone down the overall dbaggery - stuff like this, stuff like spawncamping rednecks, or even just the insane amount of racism in side chat during off-hours. lol, i'd go play rust if i wanted that.  

anyhow.. thanks for the reply at least. appreciated.

Moo 

stuff like this, stuff like spawncamping rednecks, or even just the insane amount of racism in side chat during off-hours. lol, i'd go play rust if i wanted that.  

Can understand your frustration, some servers have this more than others with regards spawncamping and rednecking, maybe have a look around. The thing is all these things you can fight against or avoid.

With regards to racism on the server we don't allow this at all. We can't be on the servers all of the time, but the majority of the time someone will be available on Discord pretty quick if you report people for racism. Just clip a recording if its over VON, or a quick screenshot if its text and we will deal with it.

I must weigh in, you CAN NOT avoid rednecks and rocketmanning. It takes concentrated effort of 3-4 people to deal with them, and basically you are now delegated to hunting helis with subpar tools. The server is set up in a way, that at first it seems that basically you are running it for these people to have their fun, and seeing how some of them are actually codefour as well, i can understand  it. I dont mind, i have everything unlocked, i dont need levels or money, i am gladly sitting on a hilltop and shoot at them. My experience is however, that mostly they are doing this completely unpunished for game after game, frustrating the playerbase. If you consider this to be a legit part of the gameplay, obviously the discussion is over, and we will deal with it, as stated in the first post, its a nuissance at most. 

All that said, i can propose solutions : 

1: redneck pawnee is 0 skill because APDS ( and the game landing your hits on the red dot no matter the situation), which  incidentally makes the game in the zone unbearable at times, when people start vision glitching everything, and sniping you in towers from 1000+. Why not remove a dedicated anti-material rifle from a mission involving nothing that needs its presence? This would make pilots more legit, transports more legit, rednecks skillfull and risky, and more importantly snipers less effective. Everybody wins. (Apart from me, i almost exclusively use this lovely boomstick :D ) Transports could be still taken down by dedicated launchers, and everything can be disabled by lower calibers or the non-apds 50., they just cannot penetrate a Huron taking out everything at once. You still have the 116, 320, you only need actual skill to hit the pilot. And i think we can all agree, that being able to fly the fun helis would do this mod good. 

Redneck pawning and rocketman attacks _are_ avoidable tho. The issue is most times people do not want to take the time to avoid them, or change their game play in order to not get killed. They want to keep doing the same thing over and over again and just not be shot down by a redneck. Every game i tell people "swing wide to the AO", "fly a long way around to avoid the redneck", "take a strider into the AO to avoid the helis", "take a cesna in instead of a heli", "if you take a heli do not fly in a straight line",  and the number of times people have listened to me is dang close to zero lol. Myself however i almost _NEVER_ have an issue with the redneck Pawnees because i do take these measures to just avoid them. But again... people do not want to change their game play, they want others game play to change so they do not have too.

APDS lynxs will not be removed. Just wont happen. If someone is "vision glitching" then report them and we will look into it. But 1k+ lynx shots are not hard to do at all, especially when just shooting people in towers. Also there seems to be this thought that people "turn down" certain settings and then at distance they can see through objects, that just is not the case. Players are counted as objects so if you cant see the building because your settings are too low, you wont see the player either.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:56 AM, Half Sack said:

Redneck pawning and rocketman attacks _are_ avoidable tho. The issue is most times people do not want to take the time to avoid them, or change their game play in order to not get killed. They want to keep doing the same thing over and over again and just not be shot down by a redneck. Every game i tell people "swing wide to the AO", "fly a long way around to avoid the redneck", "take a strider into the AO to avoid the helis", "take a cesna in instead of a heli", "if you take a heli do not fly in a straight line",  and the number of times people have listened to me is dang close to zero lol. Myself however i almost _NEVER_ have an issue with the redneck Pawnees because i do take these measures to just avoid them. But again... people do not want to change their game play, they want others game play to change so they do not have too.

APDS lynxs will not be removed. Just wont happen. If someone is "vision glitching" then report them and we will look into it. But 1k+ lynx shots are not hard to do at all, especially when just shooting people in towers. Also there seems to be this thought that people "turn down" certain settings and then at distance they can see through objects, that just is not the case. Players are counted as objects so if you cant see the building because your settings are too low, you wont see the player either.

1: Common tactic is to hower above the spawn waiting for vulnerable targets to leave, and follow them. You can NOT avoid them. Thats my point. Clearly coordinating 2-3 vehicles is a solution, but i emphasize again, this is not a problem for "veterans". But i digress, conclusion is that you want to leave it, so i am not pushing this anymore. 

2: Sorry, but your point about the APDS is bull. When viewed from the right angle, you will see every foot sticking trough, and can shoot it. I attach a video showing Neo doing this, killing 3 of us in 2 mags. If you have your settings at max, like i do, this is not viable, but obviously not everyone can do that. 

just that you have a complete picture, i have 2 perspectives on it:

I fail to see the issue with that lynx shot... its not a glitch. It was APDS ammo. Either he was guessing your location or the game, because its glitchy, had you pop outside a wall a few times. I know the tower you are in and last night i wall banged probably 10 dudes in there from 1200 meters away no problem with a lynx. All you need is a basic understanding of the layout of those towers and you can straight up guess where to shoot people and hit them, even if you see nothing but know they are in there. The APDS is a good counter to people who sit in towers. If you dont want to be wall banged by the lynx, either stay out of towers or stay clear of the walls and spots where people normally stand.

Clearly we are having the discussion on 2 completely different levels, since you either dont know enough about the game, or you are just patronizing me here. Either way, i see no point in continuing this. Thank you for the consideration anyways. 

PS: Forgot to mention, that Neo is a great guy, he is not doing this as a habit. the videos were just examples of the problem, not a report in any way. 

Yeah, i know very little about the game. I only have been playing it since its release, have over 1800+ hours just on C4G servers, and closing in on 35,000 player kills in KOTH. So please, dont listen to anything i have to say, cause i clearly do not understand the game enough to have an opinion on it lol

11 hours ago, Half Sack said:

Actually here, found an old video of me doing exactly what im saying most APDS snipers do. The video is old, but the game mechanics have not changed. -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIApXEJ5Qrw&feature=youtu.be

You absolute muppet, 

The sniper is shooting from 200 in the video, seeing our legs pushing through while in revive animation. Thats why he hits every time we start it. Thats is whats wrong with it, that is the exact thing i was pointing out. I did it, you did it, everyone did it at one point. Its part of the game. And it is being abused with the APDS, which was my point.  How is that related to your basic wallbanging video ?  You emptied 8 mags into the bulding, he did 2 mags, and if you watch it properly, he shot bodies repeatedly BECAUSE THEY ARE PUSHING TROUGH THE FLOOR. How is that too difficult to comprehend?

You might have spent half of your life on this game, but its exactly like living on a farm for 80 years: It doesnt make you wise, it just makes you smell funny. 

Also, you are lacking basic comprehension and argumentative reasoning skills, and should be never allowed to represent any organization, especially one, that provides quaility services and accepts donations for it. No one here asked for your opinions or views, and if you would be qualified to answer complaints here, you would not start and close every post with opinions and self-marketing. Makes you look very dumb.

So please either delete this topic, or just fight your urge to respond in some completely unrelated way like you did until this point. 

"The sniper is shooting from 200 in the video, seeing our legs pushing through while in revive animation"

No. Your feet, when doing a revive on another person in a tower, do not stick through the floor. Got a video of this happening? A dead player's body might clip through the floor, and then jerk away when the person got rezzed, but that's it. And that's something that has been in the game since day one. So unless you know how to re-code Bohemia's engine its not going away, and just something a player needs to take into account if they decide to sit in a tower. Also your own video disproves this. You can hear the sniper taking all 5 shots, a pause that is the length of a reload, then 5 shots again. You can also tell from the pattern of bullets on the inside wall that he was shooting in a line trying to find the targets. Which is exactly what i did in my video lol

"Thats is whats wrong with it, that is the exact thing i was pointing out. I did it, you did it"

Where did i do it? I know the quality of the video is not the greatest, but i cant even see the floor of the tower from where i was. I was shooting them in common standing spots and in area where i know i killed a person. Knowing his buddies were going to revive him. The same thing Neo seemed to be doing here. Same thing all APDS snipers do. Which, again, is something you should take into account if your game plan is to sit in a tower for any length of time.

"You might have spent half of your life on this game, but its exactly like living on a farm for 80 years: It doesnt make you wise, it just makes you smell funny"

Oh come now. I smell just fine. I use Old Spice for my deodorant, body wash, and shampoo. I also apologize for basically just sticking to playing one game since its 2013 release. I know i should branch out more, but i dont find other games all that appealing. Im sorry if i let you down with my gaming preferences.

" No one here asked for your opinions or views"

I mean, no one really asked for yours either. But this is a forum, open(ish) to the public. Anyone and everyone can have a say. You are not just allowed to say "i want this" and have no one say "but what about that" in response. That's an odd way to have a conversation and discussion about changes in a game lol.

"you would not start and close every post with opinions and self-marketing"

Do you think me posting an unlisted video with game photoage from 2018 is marketing? lol. I made no such similar claim when you posted a video. And of course im going to give my opinions on the game, same as you did. I fail to see what's wrong with that.

"So please either delete this topic"

Why would i do that? You wanted people to see the reasons you had issues with the things you had issues with. I actually respect other people's opinions on the game and rather talk about their merits than bash the person making them or threaten censorship.

12 hours ago, Half Sack said:

""The sniper is shooting from 200 in the video, seeing our legs pushing through while in revive animation"

No. Your feet, when doing a revive on another person in a tower, do not stick through the floor. Got a video of this happening? A dead player's body might clip through the floor, and then jerk away when the person got rezzed, but that's it. And that's something that has been in the game since day one. So unless you know how to re-code Bohemia's engine its not going away, and just something a player needs to take into account if they decide to sit in a tower. Also your own video disproves this. You can hear the sniper taking all 5 shots, a pause that is the length of a reload, then 5 shots again. You can also tell from the pattern of bullets on the inside wall that he was shooting in a line trying to find the targets. Which is exactly what i did in my video lol""

Nope, it does not follow the line like yours. You are trying to explain this with heavy confirmation bias, and since there is no solid proof either way, i cannot argue further. I will make a video for you about the healing glitch though, just have to have it naturally happen. Might take some time. 

Meanwhile an example of feet, this time not while healing

""Thats is whats wrong with it, that is the exact thing i was pointing out. I did it, you did it"

Where did i do it? I know the quality of the video is not the greatest, but i cant even see the floor of the tower from where i was. I was shooting them in common standing spots and in area where i know i killed a person. Knowing his buddies were going to revive him. The same thing Neo seemed to be doing here. Same thing all APDS snipers do. Which, again, is something you should take into account if your game plan is to sit in a tower for any length of time.""

Again, you are missing the point. Read the sentence. I said, that every single one of us took shots at people glitching trough walls and floors at one point. I did not say, that you did this in that one video. You quoted half of the sentence, ignoring the context as usual. 

""You might have spent half of your life on this game, but its exactly like living on a farm for 80 years: It doesnt make you wise, it just makes you smell funny"

Oh come now. I smell just fine. I use Old Spice for my deodorant, body wash, and shampoo. I also apologize for basically just sticking to playing one game since its 2013 release. I know i should branch out more, but i dont find other games all that appealing. Im sorry if i let you down with my gaming preferences."

This might have not hit the mark. I will explain: 

People are assuming, that age (in this case game time) equals wisdom, which is false. 

The saying is a funny take on that. It implies that doing something for a long time does not make you wiser about it. Studying something does that, and it is traditionally a stereotype that farmers dont do that. 

The smell part is the joke in it, because people from a farm tend to smell, again a typical stereotype. 

So the point was, that you might have played this much, and you are basically bragging about hours spent in game (which btw is not even high), but that does not mean anything when discussing game mechanics. You can play 10000 hours, and never figure out how to glitch into buildings for example.  

"" No one here asked for your opinions or views"

I mean, no one really asked for yours either. But this is a forum, open(ish) to the public. Anyone and everyone can have a say. You are not just allowed to say "i want this" and have no one say "but what about that" in response. That's an odd way to have a conversation and discussion about changes in a game lol.""

"Also, you are lacking basic comprehension and argumentative reasoning skills, and should be never allowed to represent any organization, especially one, that provides quaility services and accepts donations for it. No one here asked for your opinions or views, and if you would be qualified to answer complaints here, you would not start and close every post with opinions and self-marketing. Makes you look very dumb.".

This was the whole sentence. Taking out small parts and arguing them makes you look even dumber. No one was looking for your opinions and views as an individual, when representing something. Especially not the educational tone, that you tend to take, and made me react in this manner. 

I fail to see the issue with that lynx shot... its not a glitch. It was APDS ammo. Either he was guessing your location or the game, because its glitchy, had you pop outside a wall a few times. I know the tower you are in and last night i wall banged probably 10 dudes in there from 1200 meters away no problem with a lynx. All you need is a basic understanding of the layout of those towers and you can straight up guess where to shoot people and hit them, even if you see nothing but know they are in there. The APDS is a good counter to people who sit in towers. If you dont want to be wall banged by the lynx, either stay out of towers or stay clear of the walls and spots where people normally stand.

This is exactly what i was referring to. Read it again. 1 usefull sentence, and the rest is anecdotes, and unwanted advices. This was a complaint/suggestion about a game mechanic. And you are hardly at any level, where you should take on yourself to try to educate other people, when you have no idea about the relative knowledge and skills. "I fail to see the issue with that lynx shot". This is exactly what is usefull, and related. 

""you would not start and close every post with opinions and self-marketing"

Do you think me posting an unlisted video with game photoage from 2018 is marketing? lol. I made no such similar claim when you posted a video. And of course im going to give my opinions on the game, same as you did. I fail to see what's wrong with that.""

This again has nothing to do with that video. This might be a cultural difference, but civilised discussion on a publicly accessible platform NEVER includes anecdotes, or positioning yourself with boasting about hours played and kills made. Which you do repeatedly. This is basically patting yourself on the back, which is VERY frowned upon where i come from. Then again i did initiate this when responding to your patronizing post, and clearly hitting some insecurity with it, which resulted in your "bragging". Lets call it even. 

""So please either delete this topic"

Why would i do that? You wanted people to see the reasons you had issues with the things you had issues with. I actually respect other people's opinions on the game and rather talk about their merits than bash the person making them or threaten censorship.""

Because i asked to either lock or delete. To avoid further arguing, which we are both completely unable to do by ourselves apparently. it would be wiser, since every issue was raised and answered already, and this is now your tipical internet fighting. And no, i cannot resist to respond, altough i am fully aware, that i should :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.