King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Prometheus

US 1, Simplified Vehicles Balance

The way the server is set up is pretty great. It balances ground vehicles significantly!  (Requiring teamwork and coordination, as the removal of thermals makes it harder for individuals to camp or snipe beyond visual range)

Only issue I have are the Air Vehicles. 

Countermeasure Perk is extremely OP for Jets and both the Kajman and Blackfoot. (Countermeasure perk originally designed for the pawnee)

With jets and kajman and blackfoot having radar, they can hit you beyond the 3km visual range. (I've done it myself) theres no real counter for said air vehicles, as the Tigris and Cheetah are disabled, there is no Radar for AAA to fight off said Air Vehicles. Jets, with the exception of the A-164 Wipeout can conduct the Boom and Zoom tactic to build up speed and fly at a high speed to whatever blip (vehicle icon) you see on your HUD and fire a few rockets.  The ground vehicle would be damaged or destroyed by the time the person would know what hit him.   

The NYX AA, Marshal 40mm APDFS, and the Titan AA MANPAD are all ground units have to fight off jets, granted the jet has no Flares, or is point blank range on a Dive on you, to hit the vehicle. The removal of the Countermeasure perk for those vehicles would allow all AA Missles a Better chance to hit the target, all depending on how quickly the pilot can deploy flares.  (Balancing Point) 

• Like 1

This, 1000%. The AA Nyx is as effective against Jets/Blackfoot as Trump is against Covid-19. 

The countermeasure perk should have a cooldown for automatic deployment.

Last night after a Blackfoot was decimating the map a group of 3 Nyx AA couldn't get a single hit on it... it wasn't until the team started to quit that someone was autobalanced over and a high enough level to buy a wipeout that the Blackfoot was taken out. 

Guest xArma

Countermeasures for aircraft is way too OP. Aircraft have all the advantage in the current fight vs. AA. The Nyx AA in particular is very poor vs. aircraft with countermeasures. I have died at least 50 times with Nyx AA (played KOTH for a few years, plenty of money to waste) while testing various firing methods (range, timing, coordinated efforts with other Nyx, ect..), and it was a complete waste of money.  I am capable in tanks, both in a team and solo, but the Nyx AA is just a target for any other vehicle right now, and is easily destroyed by infantry rockets as well.

My suggestions:

1. The reload speed for Nyx AA missiles needs to be decreased by 50% minimum, and the vehicles should carry twice the ammo. As it stands, I can fire four missiles, have them all miss, and then have to wait forever to reload while the aircraft returns to kill me.  My success rate is about 20% over that time period, mostly hitting little birds. I am probably less than 10% to hit any aircraft other than a pawnee or transport (whose pilot doesn't use countermeasures).

2. The countermeasures perk could be balanced if it was only used by a co-pilot. Single pilot vehicles shouldn't have this bonus. 

3. Infantry guided rockets should be much more effective than they are as well. I have NEVER hit a vehicle with flares. Not once. Lugging an AA launcher around is a joke right now. 

4. If nothing else, just decrease the number of times a vehicle can flare to twice. 

Unfortunately, a lot of the complaints about the AA effectiveness vs flares are the result of ARMA and not KOTH.  I do agree that countermeasures are OP.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.