King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
TwoFengaDave

Admin abuse - zEn

Looked through the forums and he's apparently one of those who has this complaint against him fairly often.

I was muted and threatened with kicks for temporarily streaming music in DIRECT chat while waiting for people to hop in my ride at spawn, like I and every other pilot does for the year + I have played these servers. The rules states SIDE chat music spam is against the rules and to use it in group or vehicle chat, direct chat would be right in line with these other two "okay" places to stream music. Sitting in your vehicle streaming lets people around know you're playing music for their rides. I got on, and within 30s I had him claiming he had people complaining about ''racism'' and "side spamming" with music and muted me for it. If you're going to have admins they should be enforcing rules not blindly throwing out punishments because they've had a bad day or personally don't like something. You don't get to make up reasons to mute and kick people, I don't care how "senior" you are as an admin, abuse and negligence in your duties do not fly.

I was muted until "restart" by this individual after a back and forth. Wouldn't even talk to me about it, just muted me then went on about it over voip himself and bantered back and forth with me about it. How about some maturity?

Hey @TwoFengaDave,

I was wondering when/if you would make a post about this. Since this rule is what is being discussed, I will go ahead and post it, so you can see what it actually says.

y2lPV.png

As you can see, it CLEARLY states that music streaming is allowed if done ONLY in GROUP or VEHICLE channels.

16 hours ago, TwoFengaDave said:

direct chat would be right in line with these other two "okay" places to stream music.

No, it isn't... If it did, we would state that it is OK to play in direct... I digress, lets move onto this "abuse" of my privileges.

From the moment I told you to not play music in direct you gave attitude, (these are not exact quotes, but the context is the same). I asked you "Hey dave, stop playing music in direct chat" and you immediately responded with attitude "no, I will not stop playing music in direct", so I made you aware that it was against the rules and you  made it clear you didn't care because you "have been doing it forever, and will continue to do so", so I told you again or I would kick you and you said "ok, I wont do it around you then" At which point I muted you because you clearly didn't care what I was saying, and were obviously not going to stop.

Now I will agree with you this isn't something we usually punish for unless someone complains or you are playing something offensive, but that doesn't make it allowed. Being to close to the spawn pavilion is annoying, and we have received complaints about it, and player reports about pilots doing it. Most of the time, it isn't a issue, but when I join the server to deal with racism that is being spouted over side chat then immediately hear some shitty music at the spawn platform it is a bit annoying, which is why I simply asked you to stop. The reason it escalated is because of your blatant disrespect and attitude. For example: 1:54 AM (Side) Dave: who the fuck is this whiner admin like really, year on here no one bitches this guy jumps my dick for it lmao. Seems like a reasonable response, lets continue. We bicker back and fourth and you continue to be a dick instead of just chilling out and talking like a normal person:

1:56 AM (Side) Dave: I smell admin abuse, have a bad day? I honestly don't care, move on. Lmfao
1:56 AM (Side) Dave: Ridiculous rules made up on the spot given no one cares but you.
1:58 AM (Vehicle) Dave: .admin's a fucking toddler in disguise lol
1:59 AM (Side) Dave: Hopefully mommy sends ya to bed soon, lol
1:59 AM (Side) Dave: Oh brother, I got brothered by a 15 year old brother
2:00 AM (Side) Dave: Be back lata, not supporting a server with children on power trips, catcha on the other server folks

OH, and my personal favorite, when you joined back to the server to give me a "lesson" on reading
2:04 AM (Side) Dave: Hey, looked at the rules, nothing said about DIRECT chat music, only that it's not allowed in SIDE chat
2:04 AM (Side) Dave: Just thought I'd throw a lesson on reading comprehension your way, since english isn't the first langugage..

echd0.png

Good comprehension of our rules... And to top it off, after you rejoined I go and unmute you and again ask you to just not play music in direct..

NQjkF.png

Bottom line, you attitude towards me is what resulted in your temporary mute. There was no abuse on my part in anyway, yea we may not enforce the rule most of the time but that doesn't mean we won't or cant. We don't go banning every person for teamkills even though our rules state teamkilling will result in a punishment.

Thanks for the post, I will go ahead and let our owner Roidrage know you are not satisfied with how I enforced our rules.

I'll keep this quick for ya, because it's pathetic that it even needs to be brought to this level over something so ridiculously petty but you really just want to boil the pot over apparently. Keep your high ground though, you're entitled to it having been selected as an admin; we've all come across admins who probably shouldn't have the power they have in games like this over the years, it's nothing new and never goes well when it's pointed out. Such is life.

I brought it up within 10 or 15 minutes of being muted, right here on the forum. Time stamps show that for you pretty clearly. I was muted across all channels for voip, for streaming in direct chat for 20s if that before taking off. If you don't see something silly about that, someone should really take a look at your privileges. If someone acts like a child, they're going to get called out as acting like a child admin or not. The actions you took to selectively enforce the rules were childish in my opinion, and I'm absolutely entitled myself to call you out for it.

You muted me prior to any of this claiming that you had received complaints about the streaming, I'd love to see those complaints so please be so kind as to toss them up here if you actually have them, due to the timing of the whole situation there wasn't even time for complaints so I can guarantee you do not. When I had been streaming in direct alone in a helicopter out of earshot from any other person for maybe 20 seconds prior to the mute. That point in your case doesn't hold any water. And all of this instead of simply speaking to me about it; it was poor management on your part, that's what it boils down to. Instead of taking a high horse arrogant approach just because you're an admin and you "can" maybe you should consider in these situations whether you "should".

It says nothing specifically about direct chat. It says it's okay in group or vehicle, which are both limited communication lines unlike SIDE chat which is very clearly banned because it's team-wide. So, if nothing else, the "rule" is ambiguous and a grey line you chose to draw down one side rather than the other for seemingly no reason and initiate conflict over. And I already touched on the fact that you clearly lied claiming there was a complaint about me in order to bring it about. You also claimed there was a complaint regarding racism, had nothing to do with that either and it was completely unrelated to my own actions.

Been playing this server for ages, hell, I don't think I've ever even seen you on the server before much less spoken to you. I have streamed just as I was, as tons of pilots do, right in front of every other admin I've ever seen and no one has ever had an issue with it because, truth be told, it's petty and not in any way a big deal to walk within 10 feet of someone and hear music from their chopper for 5 seconds. It's 2019 but there's no need to go looking for things to be triggered over. You selectively chose to make it an issue with no real reason, so the results are in fact on you.

Bottom line is your behavior and the way you handled the situation is what boiled my attitude towards you, respect is earned and your behavior last night earns a scoff from anyone with an ounce of maturity. Yes, and my lesson on comprehension holds true to this moment, the rule is a gray line that's never enforced; so why make up a reason to "enforce" it only to stir shit in a server you're meant to be policing and making better? Poor choices. But like I said, we rarely ever come across one another, so moving it's not something we're going to have to be concerned about and I can happily move along if you're capable of doing so yourself. Cheers.

P.S. You were using VOIP to respond to me for those above messages you posted screenshots of, you know, over the 5 or 6 side chat spamming individuals who you were ignoring while you harrassed and muted me over...direct chat music. Priorities.

Edited by TwoFengaDave

I muted you because of your blatant disregard to instructions from a admin. I never specifically stated it was you that was reported, I simply said someone complained about someone playing music in direct, as well as reports of racism on side chat.

XFoS0.png

w1nZQ.png

I switched from Opfor to blufor roughly 1:50am, which is about the time you joined the server and joined Blufor as well. While I was spectating and checking other stuff, I heard music playing, checked and didn't see any names on comms which means it was direct, after looking around you were the only heli around that had music coming from it, so I asked you to stop, which is when you decided to respond like a dick. As for "simply speaking to me about it" I did, the first thing I said to you was to stop playing music over direct, with which you responded with "No, I will keep doing it" essentially. You say instead of me taking the "high horse arrogant approach just because you're a admin" I should consider the situation... Consider this, I tell a player to stop doing something, and I'm immediately met with attitude and disrespect "because I have been doing it forever". You talk about earning respect, it goes both fucking ways bud.

p88OU.pngngeTT.png
Pretty sure that shows I was responding to you via text after I muted you.

Because we are a gaming community we keep our rules pretty simple, and to the point. Which is why we specifically state which channels you CAN play music in. If we had to list every variation of each rule, you would be looking at a terms of service that no one would read. As of recently the playing music of direct has become more of a issue, which means we have been and will be taking a stronger stance on not allowing it.

DSryI.png

Su1uh.png

Last night was not just my "interpretation" of the rule, or making shit up. As seen above, the way we handle this rule has changed over time. This is something that has been a grey area, and was not really enforced, already said I agree with you on that. The issue with playing music over direct is it can't be muted and you have to run out of range, which if you are sitting right beside spawn playing music, is annoying and hard to do while trying to get a loadout etc. It is already being discussed amoungst seniors whether or not the current form of the rule covers the fact that we don't allow music in direct... which it does, but apparently we will need to make it a bit more clear.

As for me not dealing with the "spam" in sidechat, they were just introducing "brother" into everything they were saying, annoying yes, but they were calling out and actually discussing the game. As for the other dudes moaning and burping, I did warn them, and even kicked one of them that was spamming... So they were not being ignored.

To end this, I did not decide to make this a issue, you did with how you responded to my initial ask to not do something. Hopefully you understand my actions a bit better now, and I have made @RoidRage aware of this thread, and he was awaiting your response to my first reply. You can expect a response from him today most likely...

"Direct is allowed, to a point" 

There you have it and we no longer need to discuss this, it seems, lol. There's no difference between playing music over direct at spawn for 10 seconds and talking in direct constantly for 10 seconds; zero difference. Just wildly vague random interpretations left up to rules applied on a case by case basis. Thanks for clearing that up and summing it up with a screenshot, now I know how it actually works on these servers which have been awesome except for the occasional hyper sensitive admin moment of which I've had maybe 2 in a year. Have a good night and hopefully we won't ever have to deal with one another again.

9 hours ago, TwoFengaDave said:

"Direct is allowed, to a point" 

There you have it and we no longer need to discuss this, it seems, lol. There's no difference between playing music over direct at spawn for 10 seconds and talking in direct constantly for 10 seconds; zero difference. Just wildly vague random interpretations left up to rules applied on a case by case basis. Thanks for clearing that up and summing it up with a screenshot, now I know how it actually works on these servers which have been awesome except for the occasional hyper sensitive admin moment of which I've had maybe 2 in a year. Have a good night and hopefully we won't ever have to deal with one another again.

Funny how you are calling him hyper sensitive when the only hyper sensitive behavior im seeing is you. He told you to follow a rule, plain and simple. Follow it and follow the other rules and you wont have to deal with the admins again. 

Not going to keep arguing pointlessly with you folks. It's pointless. Deny the reality of the situation, I really don't care.

I just know when this particular admin is on to avoid the server and come back at a later time, especially given I've now had issues with him. People like this generally will come back to stir more shit if given the opportunity. That urge fades with age and maturity, let's hope it hits him soon.

Peace and have fun, the actual point of the g-a-m-e.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:54 AM, TwoFengaDave said:

Not going to keep arguing pointlessly with you folks. It's pointless. Deny the reality of the situation, I really don't care.

I just know when this particular admin is on to avoid the server and come back at a later time, especially given I've now had issues with him. People like this generally will come back to stir more shit if given the opportunity. That urge fades with age and maturity, let's hope it hits him soon.

Peace and have fun, the actual point of the g-a-m-e.

Fuck me. How damn ignorant can one person be. Unbelievable. People like you make me sometime question why I even bother running servers.