King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Punisher

Realistic game play

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

I hear people refer to Arma as a "Military Simulator" but to me it's not even close, don't get me wrong I still love this game but... The 3 things I hate the most about this game are the revive system, my weapon being on semi auto when I get out of a vehicle and the moving of base parts while under fire.

Speaking of the last one I've seen many players do it and it wasn't that long ago that it was against the rules, to be honest I'm not sure why it still isn't against the rules? Anyway knowing all of those things I would expect the C4G group to hold themselves to a higher level of game play and not do whatever it takes to try and save their precious gear. We did wipe them all out but that isn't the point, moving base parts to try and revive your buddies or keep from getting shot is a chicken shit way to play.

">[bbvideo=1280,720]
">
[/bbvideo]

I personally agree with you that moving base parts in combat is a shitty and cheap way to play. Unfortunately we don't own the mission and we have to agree on a global set of rules to keep it the same across all servers.

I for one agree that moving base parts during combat is ridiculous. We spent a great deal of time enforcing that rule on our servers. Unfortunately it is not easy to enforce, it requires a large admin team and constant enforcement to keep it as fair as possible. It was not something we wanted to do (removing the rule) however to remain as "official" hosts of Sa-Matra's wasteland, we were forced to.

As I mentioned it takes a lot of work to enforce that rule, C4G was capable of doing that. Understandably our fellow hosts cannot keep up with the demand and therefore chose not to enforce the rule. To make it easier on the public all official servers are too keep generic rule sets so that players don't get banned on one server for doing something which is allowed on other servers.

Now, I think every member here would agree, that rule was better off left instated. I think most of us thought that it would be put back into effect due to mass complaints but unfortunately only a select few actually have stepped up to mention it... such as yourself. Personally I would like to see it back and i hope it is one day allowed back for us at least but at this time the situation stands as is. Maybe we can rally some support here on the forum and then bring it up with our fellow hosting teams.

(just saw elliptic's post, spot on.)

Thanks for the back story on the rule, I wasn't aware of the history and now I know. Just because it isn't a rule though doesn't mean we have to play that way, nothing says people can't hold themselves to a higher standard of play. I know for a fact that nobody in my group moves them under fire to try and revive someone or get to a position to lob a grenade at someone because he doesn't want to expose himself to fire like happened to me at the end of the vid.

Our group would FULLY support getting that rule implemented.

I would also like to say thanks for hosting a great server!

I think reasons for people not showing interest to get this rule back into place is the forums switch and that not many are aware that the rule has been removed. I at least wasnt aware and i keep yelling Do not move walls in combat at people doing it. The rule is absolutely needed. No way around it.

Really dont understand why the official rules dont cover it. No matter if its too much admin work, people using walls to glitch kill you will also abuse other glitches to gain advantages, e.g. duping just because they can. Admitting that it is too much work is like admitting defeat against those abusers. I really hope that Sa-Matra and others re-think their position about this rule.

I think when people say it's "realistic army simulator" they really mean " this is the closest game out there to it" . Honestly COD and BF4 can never make the claim to be what arma has achieved. Considering the amount of work that went into the game, I'm happy with the product they released.

Yes the revive system is kind of... how to say... unrealistic I suppose. But honestly who's going to want to play a game where every 5 seconds you HAVE to start from scratch. Idk maybe there are some out there that would enjoy that, I for one wouldn't. I enjoy the chance to gain a second life if my teammates pull through and win the fight. Plus bots would be BROKEN AF if you couldn't get a revive (damn snap too 1 shots).

As for the moving base parts (which seems to be the most discussed thing here) , yes it's cheap, it sucks when it happens to me. I've had people walk up unlock and move the tower I didn't have time to get into... instantly dead. I've had people walk up to me moving a base part and squish me in between a wall. Unfortunately it's part of the game, not much we can do about it.

Randalor,

There are times I thank the powers that be for the revive system but overall I think it does more harm than good. Every get 3 or more players trapped in a gun store with base parts around them? You can literally sit there and shoot them until you run out of ammunition because they keep moving the parts and reviving each other. If the revive was limited to 1 time every 15 minutes I think that would be a good compromise, it would still allow semi realistic play while giving people an opportunity to be revived after they get head-shot by an AI from 350 meters or die from a glitch death.

In regards to having to start from scratch I'm going to guess you've never played DayZ? Because a death there is a huge loss and players tend to try and be more strategic. When you kill someone there who was fully geared you feel like you stole their sole because you know the hours of hard work that it took to acquire the items they had, likewise when you screw up and lose your life often times you'll have to reach for a tissue.

Just to let you guys know, using an object as a weapon is still against the rules. Using it as a mobile shield is not.