King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Sign in to follow this  
pLaTo

Auto-Balance?

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hi C4G,

Has auto-balance ever been something discussed? I typically play Blufor, but it's gotten as hard as solo-indie, unless the right people are on. So I've tried Opfor a few times (and feel like such a traitor), but it's a lot less challenging. I'm not cool enough to make a good indie team. What are the pro's and cons of auto-balancing (if it's even possible)?

Curious mind,

pLaTo

I`ll talk to the Dev team about it. We have discussed it before but never gotten anything conclusive. Mostly due to lack of response from Sa-matra.

I`ll talk to the Dev team about it. We have discussed it before but never gotten anything conclusive. Mostly due to lack of response from Sa-matra.

I imagine it would be hard to balance skill, since there is not system to determine skill. I was thinking about balancing the level of players, but as you said being on opfor is a lot less challenging and the worst players could be the highest ranks.

If this is in regards to KOTH I have always hated joining OpFor for one simple reason.... Its every low level players' wet dream. There is no challenge because it is a guaranteed victory. OpFor tends to stack their team at least 10 players higher than the closest team.

These are the facts.

• Opfor is the easiest team to level up on because they will always win if they are stacked, which guarantees the highest bonus possible.

• Just because a player is high level does not guarantee skill level. (Trust me on this one, plenty of really bad high level players out there)

• Opfor has the best spawns on every map. I dare anyone to challenge that statement and prove me wrong. There is simply no map that they are at a disadvantage spawn wise. Almost every map is tailored for Opfor to have the easiest route to the AO and some of the shortest routes which give them more time to set up ambushes for transports and to get more bodies in the AO faster.

I myself, level 88 with roughly $830,000, will always join BluFor and Independent. Now you may be wondering as to why I would deliberately take a loss? It is because I will always be in the top 10 no matter what. Very rarely on any KOTH server am I not in the top 10 by the sheer amount of kills I can amount in a game.

So I join the "losing teams" to assist newer players and buy them vehicles so they can enjoy KOTH as how it was meant to be played. For me it is no longer about leveling up or accruing money. It is about assisting players in their transition into a game mode that I love and I want newer players to experience the game mode in a positive way.

My ending statement on this is that stacking is an issue to only a certain degree because those who stack OpFor tend to be a lower skilled player looking for an easy road to leveling without ever increasing their level of play. Higher skilled players may not level as quickly on BluFor or Independent but their level of play will only increase because they will have more opportunities to learn the game mode and how to counteract player behavior and interactions on KOTH.

[highlight=black]Should their be an auto-balance: Yes, but with a wide range of restrictions on it.[/highlight]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this