King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

Hey yall to those that know me or have played with me i don't like to voice opinions or ideas much but when i do i see a huge problem. 1944 is a blast to play until you have people that abuse the system and stack planes, now im not saying this is the only issue but its the biggest in my eyes we are having the issue of people buying 4 planes at one time and breaking the balance. I can already hear the responses from people when i type this "Salty" "JuSt BuY AA" " BuY YoUr OwN PlAnE", when are we gonna stop writing these quick and easy replies so we don't have to realize we have an issue its becoming far to simple to dismiss these issues cookie cutter responses as i have come to know them. Its easy for the people doing the glitch to say this because they are not feeling the pain of driving for a min or two out of the zone and get jumped on by 4 aircraft and then proceed to get stuck inside of there own base and be unable to move. I love this mod i really do but there are issues that need fixed, now i have no idea if anyone will care about this post at all but hey its worth a shot. Please just get someone to talk with the people on the server and get ideas on how to fix this. Im getting more tired and frustrated as the days pass on these issues and i think i can say the same for most players on the server. Toss ideas around get people who actually care about Koth 1944 and how we can work to make it more of a fun and worth while time to enjoy this server. 

Sincerely a very sad man,

Snafu's Pecker 

• Like 1

100% agree, 1944 is a blast to play but lately it has not been fun at all due to this issue. I want to play and enjoy this mod too but with this issue its hard to enjoy the game.

• Like 1

Agreed we played together 1-2hours ago and weren't able to leave spawn. I tried AAA a few times with the wirblewind but getting strafed by 4planes everytime. Nothing we could do. It's a shame seeing this mod getting shit on by people using the glitch and or teaming up with enemy planes. (Snowflake, DimBilly, Battlegoose). I hope the admins see this post and will do something about it as the server is losing population by this. (Mostly new players)

Evening afternoon morning, so I have been throwing ideas around with sa-matra about letting AA fire from the safe zone, along with placing some AA static inside, this is becoming a constant issue I hopped on the server earlier and watch people that I know play together not shoot each other down this will be stopping or planes will be disabled, simple as that, and when an admin is doing it when he has been told not to is just not on, I get people want to play the planes all the time so the split teams then don't shoot each other down, which is wrong and these are the people that are saying not enough people to play planes tonight and they wonder why; let's split up four guys go on there we go here then just spawn camp yea easy money. I will be watching closely in the upcoming days for these air truce that are going around and will be start to kick people for it.

Now breaking the limits this is something only sa-matra can fix unfortunately, we canr really enforce this breaking as we then have to go ok so pick a number between 1 and 4 then kick that one which is unfair as the system is easy broke as it currently stands. The person we kick could have already been in the air. 

And with the desert rats update coming soon before end of March as the vid said, I am hoping we can sneak some 1944 updates just after it comes out rather than 1-2 months later 

Posted (edited)

AA fire from safezone is probably one of the worst ideas ive heard in a while. 

Edited by the_kole

Thanks for keeping an eye on the server, it's a really fun server to play on and I apprecuate you doing this!@Remember_sega

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the_kole said:

AA fire from safezone is probably one of the worst ideas ive heard in a while. 

They will lose immunity like tanks kole. You only crying because you like to spawn camp.

No im crying because any shooting from savezone has no purpose, except for safezoneabuse. 

Posted (edited)

I mean, in reality, if you are flying low and slow enough for a wirbelwind to accurately hit you enough to kill you over their spawn, you are most likely spawn camping, if not, well unlucky I guess, but I mean, I always found it when I was trying to AA, planes would fly over and camp me, shooting me the second I left, if it's one plane doing it, you have a window, but not when it's 2-3. I would also like to add that while yes, it may be able to be abused like how Kole said, I'd rather see it where the ground units (where most of the new players would be) not get fucked the second they leave spawn and turn them off from the server
(I'd also like to add on a personal note, it would be nice to see, as in I am getting pretty tired of being forced to spend 5K or 2.5K for what might be a fix to a problem that has to be fixed or else you might as well just leave, and I mean 2.5K at best, but you could easily buy multiple AA just to take on 1-2 Planes.)

Edited by funnyman440

Update:

Snowflake, DimmBilly, Jabba, ... are still spawncamping like crazy.

They made more then 10 players leave within 5 minutes

Posted (edited)

Planes are ruining KOTH 1944 because they make it almost impossible to drive anything to the AO without getting strafed.

As for buying tanks, forget it because it's no fun spending big cash on one and getting it strafed after 2 minutes.

I haven't bothered renewing my VIP slot because of it.

Edited by PoorOldSpike

1 hour ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Planes are ruining KOTH 1944 because they make it almost impossible to drive anything to the AO without getting strafed.

Exactly this. Newer players (lvl 1-10) will leave because of this since they can't get into AO. Even trying to get AA is not very effective if they got bombers flying high up bombing the exit of spawns 

• Like 1

Planes are currently disable was ment to be for the weekend but we will see looking into something.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if you've tried this idea, but I suggest that only 4 planes could be allowed to be in the air at any time (two maximum on each team).

Edited by PoorOldSpike

At the moment their is an issue whereby people can bypass the plane priority, We are awaiting Sa-Matra to finish with V13 vanilla KOTH before he starts on 1944. That is also the same for the recent IFA3 updated (desert rats).

Posted (edited)

Groan...I've just tried to spend an enjoyable Sunday afternoon in EU#1 1944 but walked out of two sessions in disgust because planes were completely spoiling every game, and everybody is complaining about it.

I estimate that if you're trying to get to the AO in a vehicle or tank, you've only got a 50-50 chance of getting there without getting strafed or bombed.

In the past I used to introduce my friends to 1944 but now I'm too friggin EMBARRASSED to do so because I know our transport will probably be shot out from under us and my pals will make some excuse to leave the game without trying again, and I'll be left feeling stupid (sniffle)

Edited by PoorOldSpike