King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
PoorOldSpike

1944 EU#1 question

How can I play on the 1944 EU#1 server?

Do I simply reinstall my 6-year-old boxed Iron Front disk,  then install a bunch of mods?

Thanks

Simply find the server in the ArmA launcher. Click join, click set-up mods and join. The launcher will install the necessary files and connect you. 

It's not working for me mate (sniffle), I click 'Join' but a message comes up saying "You cannot play this mission as it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted", whatever that's supposed to mean.  It doesn't then offer me any option to click 'set-up mods' and I'm pouting and sulking like crazy... 

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Aaargh 1944 EU#1 has been fine for the past few days but suddenly I keep getting kicked with the message "Battleye Client Not Responding".

I asked ingame and a teammate said "Try verifying your files", whatever that means, but before I could ask him how to do that I was kicked again!

So how do I do that verify stuff?

Open "Steam" go to the "Library" tab, Right Click on "Arma 3" go to "Properties" then go to "Local Files" tab and select "Verify Integrity Of Game Files". That will run and check all your files too see if any are corrupted.

Thanx Nexus I'll get on it later, meanwhile this is my server screen, is there any reason why are the two mods at bottom right have always been ominously red-flagged?- 

AA3-servrs_zps8rsheeen.jpg~original

And for the record these are the mods I've got-

AA3-mod-scrn_zpsn5bzgqtb.jpg~original

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Not sure if that could be an issue because of the mods you have loaded. Also I'm not exactly sure why your mods have red circles, CUP terrains is the only one for me that has the red circle. If you really wanted to you could completely uninstall your IFA3_AIO_LITE and CUP Terrains - CORE mods and then reinstall them. Usually when a mod isn't working it throws a battleye error so could be a problem you're having.

Ok I'll uninstall/reinstall the two mods. Where are they, on my hard drive or somewhere at Steam?

PS- I've just spent an hour on another C4G server and everything worked fine, but then I  joined 1944 EU#1 and got the kicked message again after 5 minutes..

EDIT- forget my above post, I found an "Unsubscribe" button for each of those two mods in Steam Workshop and clicked them, then hit "Subscribe" and started the game, and they reinstalled (took 45 minutes).

I then joined 1944 EU#1 and everything seems okay (touch wood), so it seems something got corrupted and the reinstall was needed, thanks...:) 

Sometimes you can get a battle eye bug which means battle eye will kick you after a couple of minutes. if this does happen, you either wait for a server restart or you can reset your router. hope you're all enjoying 1944.

Yes I'm enjoying 1944 EU#1, I just perma-bought a Panzerschreck for 150k, no enemy tanks had better mess with me now..:)

For the record, I previously bought a Panzerfaust but the effective accuracy range is only about 30m; anything further than that is very hard to hit because the slow-flying rocket has a severe gravity drop, so you have to aim in the air well above the target and hope for the best.

By contrast the schreck's rocket is very fast-flying and flies straight as an arrow up to 200m with hardly any gravity drop.

PS- both the schreck and faust are very useful for demolishing buildings to collapse them on top of any suspected infantry in there, as the enemy pose zero threat if they're mush..:)    

WHICH SMG?

These are the current 6 x SMG's in 1944 EU#1 available to both the Germans and Russians, and I'm just wondering what their relative merits are, so if there are any weapon experts or arms dealers out there who can tell me, please go ahead. For example I take the PPsh41 as standard because its got slightly more bullets than the German MP40. Or is it worth buying any of the others instead because perhaps they pack a heavier punch, or have a faster rate of fire etc? 

if-44-smg1_zps89uuk9xb.jpg~original

if44-smg2_zpsq7vqu0t7.jpg~original

if44-smg3_zpsvhtxpdoy.jpg~original

if44-smg4_zpsqtt0fzuy.jpg~original

Edited by PoorOldSpike

mp44 is solid choice for just about every situation has longer range and low recoil when compared to others(it's an assault rifle).

Edited by Harald

19 hours ago, Harald said:

mp44 is solid choice for just about every situation has longer range and low recoil when compared to others(it's an assault rifle).

Thanks, I'll perma-buy it..:)

17 hours ago, RoidRage said:

@PoorOldSpikeYou really need to start using Discord mate. will be quite helpful for you.

I don't understand. Do we have to talk to other players on Discord while we're playing the game? We can already talk to them on the games VON, so why do we need Discord too?

Anyway forums are great places for posting pictures and charts and tutorials and discussions and stuff which are useful references for people to come and look at..:)

9 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

I don't understand. Do we have to talk to other players on Discord while we're playing the game? We can already talk to them on the games VON, so why do we need Discord too?

Anyway forums are great places for posting pictures and charts and tutorials and discussions and stuff which are useful references for people to come and look at..:)

Almost no one uses discord for voice. Its basically a replacement for forums. Post picture, screenshots, questions. All that is done over text. 

1 hour ago, RoidRage said:

Almost no one uses discord for voice. Its basically a replacement for forums. Post picture, screenshots, questions. All that is done over text. 

Alright, if Discord is better, i'll abandon the C4G forum.

I downloaded Discord and this box came up, what shall I type in it?

7 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Alright, if Discord is better, i'll abandon the C4G forum.

I downloaded Discord and this box came up, what shall I type in it?

No need to abandon it. Judy my suggestions. We have much larger and active population. To join our c4g server use discord.codefourgaming.com in the browser and it will redirect you

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.