King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
PoorOldSpike

Armed helis are spoiling the No Jets server

There are usually never a lot of players in the No Jets server. They don't like it for two reasons-

1- Armed choppers are destroying everything in sight, which makes them just as dangerous as jets! For example I bought a tank for 10,000 dollars but it was killed by a Kajman 5 minutes later!

2- It's an 'X number of players needed" server which means players are unhappy because they can't buy what they want.

Suggestions- throw out the jets AND all the armed helis to make it a "No Armed Air" server, and remove the "x-players needed" thing so players can buy what they want at any time.

For interest, here's a screenshot I just took (4:30pm Oct 2nd 2018 in England) which shows how many players are in the C4G servers-

C4G-Oct-2-2018_zpsusouplya.jpg~original

Well also at the time of that screenshot, 4:30pm gmt is 9:30am Central in the US on a weekday I wouldn't expect anyone on at that time. From my experience it fills up later in the afternoon. 

Thanks Nexuz, yes time zones are funny things, some servers populations fluctuate, but some are pretty steady at any time of the day or night like US#4.

I bought a VIP slot for US#4 and I'd like to buy a slot for US#6 No Jets but not until they get rid of armed helis, and the 'x-players' thing.

(Hey Mr Base, was Buddy's post in this thread or in another thread somewhere in the forum?)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

I like armed helis in No Jets. HOWEVER, I do think they need a serious rework, because it feels EXTREMELY unfair to fight them in the current system.

My reasoning:

• Jets are a hard counter to attack helicopters. Without that hard counter, options are limited as such:
  • Helicopters can see incoming ground and air threats LONG before those threats can leave spawn, and can position themselves appropriately.
  • COUNTERMEASURES exists as a perk, meaning MANPADS options are hardly effective. No reason to pull an AA launcher.
  • Don't even think about small arms or dumbfire rockets, obviously.

Suggested solutions here, in order of severity:

1. Disable COUNTERMEASURES perk on No Jets servers. This will encourage players to invest in MANPADS launchers, and will add timing/skill element to flares.
  2. Do not permit helicopter re-arming or refund sale at safe zone. Pilots will be need to be more judicious in target selection if they want to regain their investment.
  3. Remove armed helis outright... but honestly, I'd rather not go to this option. They DO have a strategic place and purpose in these servers.

Edited by Keystone

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.