King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Sign in to follow this  
TalkToFrank

AA rework and towed AA

This topic is very dear to my heart and has been written about already a couple of times here in the forum (e.g. this thread)  
and on Discord. 

Jets and Helicopters being very overpowering to a match, if placed in the hands of a halfway competent pilot.

While an argument might be made, that you could "just get a jet yourself", this is flawed. I for one would not count myselft as an even less-than-mediocre pilot. 
This brings me to the actual suggestion: Give better AA-capabilities to the ground troops. I know this is a large feature request, but with the introduction of the encore update, SAM-Systems and radars have been included. All of them are on trailers and with an inclusion of the idea shown in this video, they could be towable by the HEMMT or other vehicles. 
It would probably make for a more interesting support gamestyle outside the AO, with dedicated SAM-sites and people hunting those. 
Attached is a picture of what I am envisioning.

On an additional note; why is the visual range for jets at 4000 but the range for ground based vehicles at 3000? This makes it a lot harder for vehicles retaliate or even stop an approaching jet, which can use those 1000m for an attack, even before the vehicle could possibly do anything.

TowedSAM.png

1) the thread you linked is about koth 1944 where jets had lock-on weapons and there was little retaliation to be had with ground vehicles

2) if your getting spawncamped by a jet, how are you going to leave the safezone and setup your SAM site without getting shot to oblivion? The hemtt doesn't have smokes to defend from any lock-on weaponry

3) jet view distance has to be higher than ground view distance because you are going up to 1500 kph and because of the fog youd barely be able to see the ground at 2k height 

No one said it would be easy. In fact, it should not be easy at all. But the current meta is just at a point, where one good pilot is dominating the game. If that is what is wanted by the devteam, so be it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this