Jump to content

King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Idouts

LMG abuse

Recommended Posts

I am honestly sick of seeing the Navid and other LMGs being abused on infantry only servers. They are severely overpowered and are not conductive to sporting conduct in game. They create far too much contention. After all why buy an expensive one shot kill sniper rifle when you can buy a less expensive one shot kill LMG with about 10X more ammunition and then put a scope on it?

 

I suggest that LMGs should be severely limited by disabling the Fatigue perk while the machine gunner perk is on and disabling their ability to use sights larger than a 1x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Idouts said:

I am honestly sick of seeing the Navid and other LMGs being abused on infantry only servers. They are severely overpowered and are not conductive to sporting conduct in game.

Well the spmg and the navid are a larger caliber so they are going to be stronger.  But saying there not conductive in the game, that’s just wrong. Lmgs have more use in the battlefield then sniping does. 

About 8 months to a year ago this same whiny complaining was going on about the zafir being too powerful and everybody wanted it disabled to.   The fact is everybody can unlock the navid and use it. Most people who complain about it are the same people who pick up one off the ground and use it. 

As far as I’m concerned the navid isn’t also a one shot gun as I have point blank shot many people in the head and still survived. Any lmg especially the zafir can easily compete with the navid in a close combat situation. 

Lmgs serve a very purpose as especially if you are someone or group who clears towers and needs the extra bullets in the belt instead of a 30 round magazine. Because your facing as much as 10 people at once and don’t have time to reload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Quietpink said:

Well the spmg and the navid are a larger caliber so they are going to be stronger.  But saying there not conductive in the game, that’s just wrong. Lmgs have more use in the battlefield then sniping does. 

About 8 months to a year ago this same whiny complaining was going on about the zafir being too powerful and everybody wanted it disabled to.   The fact is everybody can unlock the navid and use it. Most people who complain about it are the same people who pick up one off the ground and use it. 

As far as I’m concerned the navid isn’t also a one shot gun as I have point blank shot many people in the head and still survived. Any lmg especially the zafir can easily compete with the navid in a close combat situation. 

Lmgs serve a very purpose as especially if you are someone or group who clears towers and needs the extra bullets in the belt instead of a 30 round magazine. Because your facing as much as 10 people at once and don’t have time to reload. 

Yes everyone can unlock it. That is the problem. Its so damn powerful that it pretty much replaces all weapons. Why use anything else when that weapon is the best in everything?

 

There need to be drawbacks to using LMGs and frankly there are not enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily you’d be surprised how many times shooting someone point blank or under 50 meters and they live just to shoot you once with a 7.62 and one shot you. 

Your case for just being over powered is null. I can make a better case why snipers and especially the apds lynx should be banned. 

All I can say is change your tactic. Stay out of the open especially to tower windows. Run quickly from building to building. Take advantage of third person and use your lean buttons a lot. To look around before moving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Quietpink said:

Not necessarily you’d be surprised how many times shooting someone point blank or under 50 meters and they live just to shoot you once with a 7.62 and one shot you. 

Your case for just being over powered is null. I can make a better case why snipers and especially the apds lynx should be banned. 

All I can say is change your tactic. Stay out of the open especially to tower windows. Run quickly from building to building. Take advantage of third person and use your lean buttons a lot. To look around before moving. 

That hardly matters when their LMG shoots through solid rock walls and can still one shot you. They can just spray and kill you.

I agree with the APDS lynx and I would state further that exploiting the view distance graphics glitch to de-render buildings and see people through walls should be a kickable/bannable offence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LURV the Navid..:)

My favourite use for the Navid is to hose down the Ghosthawk gunships which have the infuriating habit of slowly orbiting the AO in those Infantry-only servers which have no AA weapons.

You get 4x 150-round 9.3mm magazines with the Navid, that's a lot of large-calibre lead to throw up in the air; the trick is to keep your finger on the trigger non-stop to empty the whole mag in one long terrifying burst, no chopper on earth can absorb such a withering fire. You won't get a clean shoot-down every time, but more often than not you'll damage the chopper enough to force it to dive quickly off to a repair depot..:)

Another neat trick is to team up with a Hummingbird pilot and become a gunship in your own right, you sitting on the bench seat with your Navid to hunt down Ghosthawks and anything else..:)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Navid is not as easy to use. It has a  lot of recoil. Also heavy to run with and almost impossible to hold stead unless prone with a bipod. Question Idouts, what about the 3gl?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Navid is overpowered in that it does a lot of roles really well and should be removed from infantry servers because of that.

  • It breaches entrenched positions extremely well since it pens everything it finds in a city and kills anything with one hit.
  • It does CQB extremely well since it kills in one hit, has a large magazine, good rate of fire, and manageable recoil. Yes the recoil is much larger than the majority of other guns, but that is negated by the fact that the killzone on a target is much larger. All you need is to nick a limb to kill, just aim center of mass like you usually do and I'm sure a bullet will land within the massive target.
  • It also does anti-air well because of its caliber, penetration, one-hit kill, and good rate of fire. One hit to the pilot and the entire helicopter is a goner.
  • It is also good against paratroopers because of its one-hit kill and rate of fire.
  • It is also good against light vehicles because of its caliber, penetration, and rate of fire. Also keep in mind that the Navid can have a obscene RoF when properly using the burst mode against vehicles.
  • It is a decent marksman rifle because of its one-hit kill and good accuracy.

That's a lot of things the Navid is good at for one soldier to be carrying. It is clearly overpowered and should be removed from infantry servers.

Edited by DeltaUMi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've all got likes and dislikes about various weapons, so if some weapons were thrown out of servers because some people don't like them, we'd be left with lacklustre games that play like genteel vicars tea parties..:)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion the Navid and SPMGs should only be on armed Jet servers or maybe made a lot more expensive on infantry servers  because I have used them myself and they are servery overpowered like its been said they literally pen everything and can take a heli down instantly therefore I only think they should be used on vehicle servers or at least upped in price to maybe 2k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×