King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Sign in to follow this  
Nomade

KOTH - MAKE IT FUN TO PLAY - stacking / switching abuse

Hello Girls and Guys,

I'm playing video games for more than 20 years now and my passion hasn't wither threw the years, i have a strong competition spirit and if i'm not good at something i will allways try my best to improve myself and dominate because losing is not an

option,   But it happens and it's a lesson to learn from it.

And the thing i really do like about video games nowadays is Multiplayer features where people can measure their skills against each other or assemble their forces to dominate their enemies together, or simply enjoy a great adventure and

create great memories, for the love and fun of the thing, a true burning desire.

BUT in KOTH by the myghty sa-matra and co', this is not the case at all, because of the system and mostly PLAYERS.

Let me explain myself what's on my mind first :

-  Having played many many many games, i have aquired experience, honor and pride, but i try to stay humble by all means even dealing with the most poluted and trash people / player ever, and in this game like any other, they are legion. 

-   Those same players, ALL stack in the same team, like 20 people, knowing all the 'keys to victory / dirty playing - tactics to overcome all the other players, may they be new and old, making this game from awesome to ridiculously pathetic by   

their Behaviour and attiude, because they are allways the first ones to open their mouth and taunt / flame other people, even though their words are empty of any human emotions and logic, because they are allways in the wrong but they even

don't  know it, and that's kinda irritating and pityfull.

-   Secondly, the thing is, they do not only stack in the same team, when they die, or get killed, or get REKT, or they think they're losing too much money, they just switch in the team of their enemies BECAUSE they got no honor, no logic, no love

for themselves and no respect at all for their opponent, and as a pridefull player i can't understand why you prefer money / greed / low mentality disregarding your fucking gaming pride and selfesteem, be better than your opponent cause 

you're better ? and not because you lick their foot by being leeches and pro ass cleaners, that's kinda irritating and fucking lame for you, sorry but it is the case, you'll always be losers in games and it reflects who you really are in real life, so

yeah it's a little disapointing for the future of this planet, and future gaming community.

-   Returning to the main subject, what i'm complaining for :

1 -  People Stacking in the same team to litteraly RAPE everyone else by all means necessary ( When they do, there's nothing fair, but at least there is action and tension so it's no that bad from that point of vue, you can't get 

bored trying  to get them if you don't give up and really want to take revenge cause you are a real player and don't give a fuck about your money, like I do ) / But think about it, if you all are in different teams, equalizing the     

balance ,shouldn't it be more FUN, MORE ACTIVE, AND MORE PLEASURABLE ? oh sorry you can't cause money, so someone with mighty authority and powers should do it for you, sadly but hopefully !

2 -  People switching In the most advantageous team when they get killed or see that there will be little threat to their bank account, like all the time it happens ( This is really lame, even though they were in top position with 50+ kill 

streak, they can smell money making in skilled players and take advantage of them, what i dispise the most and we can't do anything about it .... )

- And FINALY, what i suggest for this mater of game experience to be smooth, fun, active, intense, fair is really SIMPLE :

-  What you can do for us who wants to play a game with our heart and not our saliva is this ! great sa'matra and co team :

-  Can't you establish some kind of PUNISHMENT for PEOPLE that switch teams too oftenly or to take advantage of real players.. Like i don't know, a SCRIPT that prevent them from switching Because they are locked in their

team with conditions of course, like 15 kills + you are locked, or 50 points or more you are locked i'm just saying those values as an example. / Or if you do not want to think about that, just punish them, by taking their pride, 

their love, in their cases their money, even their level if necessary ! You have to make them understand that Switching in the same team / winning team is LAME, NOT FUN AND DISGRACEFULL ( for the little self esteem

they  have left )

Thank you for reading me, i may sound too proud but trust me i know my limits, ( Sit down be humble remember ? ) but i can't take it anymore, for my passion and the cohesion of every single player in koth, you have to do something for 

balancing and abusing players because you have the power to ! the lame players too have the power to change, but they won't cause money t(-_-t).

Image associée

Edited by Nomade

To me it sounds like you lost too many games in a row and can't get your teammates to work together to win. Now, i may not be playing on the same server as you but I do play on Quite a few different C4G servers and i've never seen 20+ people that are actually in a coherent group. Maybe 6-7 at most.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Dirty playing/Tactics" but i'm willing to bet there's probably none of it. Just something you haven't realized how to counter it yet. There's really no tactics that cannot be countered in one way or another.

The balancing in KOTH is actually really good. and all teams provided they have proper teamwork can win. Perhaps it's not balancing of the game but the mindset of the people on each team, and not just the team winning. 

From my experience, the team that always wins is usually filled with people that have one thing in common - Comms, teamwork, and willingness to work together. Check the team your on for those 3 things and if they don't have it, you can probably see why you're not winning.

Quick edit: As to the comment about people wanting to join the team that has the "Better people" on it. Generally it's because those people want to play with people that are more serious about teamwork and actually talk tactics and use proper comms. I choose what team I join based on the people on the teams - I join the team with the people I most enjoy playing with, and because of the way I play and the way they do, it does seem that that team generally wins a bit more than the typical "Always winning Team"

Edited by xTitle

I know what you mean man, stacking is a humongous problem in KotH at the moment, a lot of new players are very greedy for money and they don't realize that it is way more fun and satisfying to play against the stack (a few old players as well). I think where the problem lies is with distinguishing between good players playing with their friends and a full team stack. Often it can be both, where a few good players hop on ts/discord and join a server, most of the time they will join the team with the lest people (if they know how to enjoy the game). Then, one by one, all the stacking retards will slowly switch teams until the team is very stacked. I like your idea of not being able to switch teams if you have a certain amount of points on the leader board but lots of the stacker's are unable to score points without "dick riding" off lots of friendly vehicles.

Here are some ideas:

Maybe if someone has been on the server for a certain amount of time they get locked to a team.

I know there is a in game feature already on ArmA where some one can be kicked from a server if they switch too much, but that is nearly irrelevant as the number is too high, maybe Sa-Matra could make his own version of that but with a lower limit.

Increase the reward price for armored vehicles like tigris/t140k/blackfoot and decrease that for infantry transport vehicles. I think this would encourage people to play against stack as it is more rewarding economically and harder to make money farming transport vehicles.\

There are lots of problems trying to stop stacking as it can come from a few mates playing together having fun wrecking cunts in enemy team. This happens occasionally to me and my mates and every time we spot someone who has switched teams to us after we've killed them we will call them out in chat and if we see them again in game we will join one of the other teams so we can kill them. This only works sometimes as some stackers just follow anyone who has a high level. 

Stacking is a major issue and needs to somehow be "fixed", but I don't think anyone has a 100% solution to it at the moment. :(