King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
HerpDerpington

If EU#3 Infantry/Hardcore/No towers is most popular, why only one server?

So King of the Hill RHS Inf No Towers EU#3 HC is constantly full (100+/110) and appears to be the most popular server by a mile. Whereas the other KotH servers that share progression (EU#2, US#5, US#2) are rarely more than half full. Other servers such as EU#6(Tanoa) I've literally never seen a single player on.

Seeing as there are lots of people who just want to play EU#3, I guess because it's first person only, no towers and infantry only, why are CodeFourGaming paying rental costs for empty servers instead of making another server with the same properties as their most popular one? I should stress this isn't a complaint by any means. EU#3 is probably my favourite Arma 3 server I've found, just frustrating that it's constantly full and you can't get in. I looked into paying for reserved slots but after June 8th this doesn't apply to RHS servers. Seems weird that C4G would pay to rent empty servers that nobody uses, instead of increasing the capacity of the more popular flavours.

Thoughts?

Hi, I don't like HC and I don't like servers with No Towers, is there something wrong with me?

Seriously, towers provide a focal point for attacking and defending, it's great fun to charge up the stairs trying to take a tower by storm..:)

But with no towers where are we supposed to concentrate our efforts?

C4G has a US#6 Vanilla No Towers HC server, but it's usually empty or at very low player count. I think a) EU#3 has absorbed the EU/NA players who actually like and play No Towers HC, and b) There are not enough NA players who can actually heavily populate a No Towers HC server at any given time.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:59 AM, PoorOldSpike said:

Hi, I don't like HC and I don't like servers with No Towers, is there something wrong with me?

Seriously, towers provide a focal point for attacking and defending, it's great fun to charge up the stairs trying to take a tower by storm..:)

But with no towers where are we supposed to concentrate our efforts?

There is a priority zone within the AO that moves around. You get more points for holding down the priority zone. 

7 hours ago, jumpshotjohn said:

There is a priority zone within the AO that moves around. You get more points for holding down the priority zone. 

Thanks, I like the pri zone but I'm usually too chicken to leave good cover to follow it..:)

10 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

Thanks, I like the pri zone but I'm usually too chicken to leave good cover to follow it..:)

I actually just realized last night that most KOTH servers now have a priority zone lol. I just recently started playing again so I am not up to date on all the changes. 

I just recently tried out No Towers so I don't know how it played before the priority zone. 

in my oppinion the no towers makes it better coz theres no camping there with the whole team. before the priority zone i played quite a lot of matches where a whole team would just hole up in T4 or T5 and wait out the match. there was no way to clear a tower even with coordinated efforts of an entire team because of the bottleneck principle. 

now with the prio zone the towers are used a lot less, atleast on the us#2 server (only HC infantry for KOTH vanilla) and basically are only a hole for campers and their protectors. 

this is why i started my own topic to request a KOTH Vanila HC Infantry No Towers server. if you like the idea, just +1 at my topic, and if we get enough, im sure itll come soon enough.

https://codefourgaming.com/forums/topic/2196-hc-no-towers-infantry-server/

• Like 1

the reason EU3 is so populated is because there is literally only 2 RHS servers. US5 gets populated in the evening est time, and eu3 is populated during the day and evening GMT time. They won't add in too many more no tower HC servers because it isn't actually that popular unless you have no choice but to play on such a server. Also, RHS is a lot more user friendly for lack of wall banging. Unless you have a m107 you will be hard put to shoot people through walls and such. As such, no towers in a vanilla setting would be cancerous due to navid, spmg, and apds lynx spam

How do I play on eu3 there’s no way to donate for it. Do you have to be a certain level or something?

On 6/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, ben.smith7 said:

How do I play on eu3 there’s no way to donate for it. Do you have to be a certain level or something?

Due to it not being monetized, they’re unfortunately not able to sell slots for it and such. However, whilst I haven’t played on RHS for a very long time, I am sure if you just get the mods for it then you should be able to hop onto it when there’s space and play.

I suggest hopping onto the discord and getting further assistance there as you’ll likely get an instant response. Discord Link: https://discord.gg/mwsvF5f

Hope your issue gets solved if it’s not already and you’re able to play //phone

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.