King of the Hill

King of the Hill is a three team sector control mission within ArmA 3. As you play you will gain experience which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone.
Our Servers

King of the Hill: RHS

RHS King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular RHS mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as Nato or Russian forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. RHS and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers

King of the Hill: 1944

1944 King of the Hill is a version that combines the popular IFA3 mod with KotH. In this version of the award winning sector control mission you play as German or Russian/American forces. Just like in vanilla KotH you will gain experience by playing which will in turn unlock new gear and vehicles to aid your teams efforts to control the zone. 1944 and vanilla stats are separately saved in our database and are displayed here: https://stats.armakoth.com
Our Servers
Sign in to follow this  
OwenSeven

Admin Maturity

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Your Player Name: OwenSeven

Person complaint is about: TheJellyMaster? Not sure about exact name

Which server did this happen on: Exile Mod and Wasteland us #2

What happened:

Hi,

So a little about myself. I've been playing on codefour servers for about 8 months now since December. Pretty much every other day or more at least. I really enjoy how the servers are run and admin complaints are typically handled, but this isn't why I've made this thread.

Recently I had an encounter with a staff member named "jelly" something like that. We were playing on the new exile mod servers and collecting metal to sell to the traders. While leaving the trader there was an encounter and I won't talk about that because it doesn't matter, but my issue is how he handled it. There is currently no rule against abusing the safe zone radius where bullets are ineffective. Our member abused this to kill "jelly". He was then threatened with a ban and after talking to other admins who confirmed there is no rule against that we thought it was fine. He then threatened an even longer ban and acted very unprofessionally. I did some research and found out this "admin" is under 15 years of age. Normally I have no issue with younger kids on this game. Everyone is entitled to have fun as long as they are behaving appropriately. I'm even fine with young admins as long as they act as if they aren't. I'm not going to make this an age issue, but only a maturity issue. This admin is not mature enough in my opinion to hold the position that he does. I won't be playing on codefour anymore as a result of this staff member. I hope you see this and either correct his attitude or remove him if he refuses.

I assure you this will be taken into consideration. All of our admins are expected to act in a professional manner at all times. I am aware that this is not always the case and I do have oversight in place to try and catch our admins slipping up. That said, We quality control our administrator's actions very strictly. Unfortunately I may not be able to guarantee professionalism at all times but I can guarantee zero admin abuse(pertaining to any powers received as admin). As I understand it, the player was threatened with a ban but a ban was not actually given? If this is the case, then I cannot reprimand jelly master for admin abuse but we will look at his professional conduct regardless.

Now, Exile being a newer mod and our server only having been up for a couple days, It is our fault that these situations occur. We did not prepare a rule set before launching the server and this has caused us many issues, not just between us and the public playerbase but amongst our very own members as well.

I don't believe it is fair to remove admins over this incident just yet but I can tell you that we will instate rules. Meanwhile this incident will be investigated. Your claims concerning lack of professionalism will be investigated. Eventually(within a few days), Our exile server should be easier to manage and therefore our admins should know what and what not to enforce. This should stop any more situations like the one you experienced from occurring.

If you choose not too play on our servers then that will certainly not do us any good... If I can do anything to change your mind, I will try. However, I will not make changes without fully learning the details, so please be patient and allow time for that. It would also help us if you continued to join the server and report any issues you have with admins. The more reports we have against, the better prepared we are to make a judgement call.

Thanks for your time.

I do agree that i shouldn't have said that if he does it again i would ban him but he was a C4G member who was exploiting this "glitch" as i would call it. If u can explain to me how what he was doing wasn't against the rule then please do so, but as of now i cannot see anyway how what happened was alright. At the time of this happening there was rules in place on the server and a admin who was playing with the player that exploited this glitch knew that rules were up for the exile server. Also if u are saying age inst a problem then why bring it u. I would be happy to talk to u about what happened on ts and me saying that i would ban him if he did it again is a warning if i wanted to i would have enough proof and reasoning to ban but i felt nice so i let him go.

I won't bother arguing about the actual act because it is irrelevant, all I will say is that it is not a glitch it is only running out of the safe zone and shooting and then running back inside to be safe and at the time there were no rules about anything of the sort. However, the issue I have is the way you handled it. You were immature and insulting. Not only did you try to go out of your way to ruin his experience and ours, but you also try to enforce rules only because they are convenient to you. I hope you will take a hard look at your actions and realize that you are only an admin because it benefits YOURSELF not the COMMUNITY. I've dealt with a number or admins and walked away feeling that they were at least looking out for everyone's best interest and even if I didn't agree with their decisions I knew it was for the best. However, when I deal with you I only feel that you enforce rules that benefit you and ignore others that do not.

Seems to me like you have a vendetta against Jelly all over 1 issue. Repeating your first post gets you nowhere.

If the only reason i became admin was to help myself then why would i have waited over a year just to get member then wait another year just to ask for admin. You said i dont help others when i go out of my way to be on every day to help people (yes im playing at the same time for the most part) but u could ask anyone i play with how often i just leave the channel to help people. If i only want to help myself i wouldn't even become admin all it gives me is the power to enforce rules on the Code Four Gaming servers. Also i never ask to argue with u about what happened i asked to talk to u about what happened because u clearly dont understand the situation if u think its not glitching. I know of many other admins that would have just banned him on the spot for exploiting the safe zone.

Glitching, and Bug Exploiting

Players found to be exploiting in-game bugs or glitches of any kind may receive a permanent ban (further details below).

Now that would have not been a permanent ban but i would be a good week or so, But because the rules had only been up for about 2 hours i let it slide.

If u have any problems with how i admin or how i act then talk to me/Deez/Riggs. Im sure they would be happy to talk with u.

You keep refering to this as a glitch when it is clearly not. I understand how you could have gotten the wrong impression, but this is very clearly the way the safe zone is meant to work there is no glitch. There is abuse of the safe zone boundaries, but no "glitch". Anyways I think you need to take a hard look at yourself and how you use your powers as admin. I can't force you to see the error in your ways.

Just to clarify there still is not a rule preventing anyone from using the safe zone boundaries to block bullets

Glitching, and Bug Exploiting

Players found to be exploiting in-game bugs or glitches of any kind may receive a permanent ban (further details below).

• Wall Glitching

• - using a vehicle or clipping terrain fault or some other unlisted method to pass through, rather than over, a wall or other base part.

• Duping

• - intentionally duping any in game items will result in a 7 day ban. For repeat or more serious offences the ban will be longer.

It is not actually a wall, but a invisible force field that blocks bullets only and again not a glitch.

"It is not actually a wall, but a invisible force field that blocks bullets only and again not a glitch."

You think it's ok to abuse that?

This is quite clearly a glitch. It may not be specified but if you cant think for yourself being able to kill people while not being able to die is alright then I guess that's an issue.

This is a new gamemode and there are a lot of glitches and things we are working out.