Doing rapid VIP SLOT updates for Malden Servers every few min. Get yours NOW

Moderator: forum mod

By Pineapples
I know I speak for a lot of people here (Code4 Staff and playerbase alike):

Malden is just too big for wasteland in its current implementation (in my opinion).
I preferred the player density of Stratis and the fast paced feeling of never being safe. Especially with the recent usurpation by PUBG, decreased numbers have only added to this.

Stratis originally had 80 slots (10 of which were premium-only). Malden now has 100 slots (10 of which are still premium-only). So, for 3.0x of the size, there are only 1.25x the number of players. Or was there? Because, keep in mind, this is only when the server is at capacity. In truth, numbers have probably stayed about the same, or even decreased (due to factors outside of our control), which means that player density has decreased threefold. I do not find the game fun at this point because I'm probably more likely to die from an AI or from driving (crashing, in truth) thousands of kilometers across the massive map than I am from another player.

More Info:
Malden is 62km^2
Stratis is 20km^2

The average distance between groups of two players are listed below. This underestimates the feel but provides useful proportions because often players will harmlessly and unknowingly pass other players- often these other players will be teammates.

Malden:
90 players: 627 meters
70 players: 720 meters
50 players: 859 meters
30 players: 1,146 meters (4 minute run)
With 2 active missions, the closest is an average of 3,076 meters away

Stratis:
70 players: 408 meters
50 players: 487 meters
30 players: 650 meters
With 2 active missions, the closest is an average of 1,735 meters away

So basically, an empty Stratis feels like Malden would, if it were full, which is just too much to ask at this point to be honest. Stratis is tried and true, for more than 4 years, and I'm not growing tired of it in the slightest (Given interesting gun store switches every reset)

Regardless, I'd love to hear what you guys have to think

Size Comparison:

How I calculated values: https://hastebin.com/kowusaqiva.cpp

Last edited by Pineapples on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:04 am, edited 17 times in total.
By |Delta| Coke
I agree, I want my Stratis back :D
By RoidRage
I was gonna outright dismiss based on the general feedback but then looking at the work you did. I feel like that would be quite unfair. We can ask the guys and see what they think But I would say your chances looks quite slim of having things switched back to stratis.
By Pineapples
RoidRage wrote:I was gonna outright dismiss based on the general feedback but then looking at the work you did. I feel like that would be quite unfair. We can ask the guys and see what they think But I would say your chances looks quite slim of having things switched back to stratis.

I'm just trying to start a conversation...

In truth, I'm not even sure whether turning back to Stratis will be a good idea, and I certainly don't want it to be turned back just because a few people, including me, have asked for it (though I know you would never allow this anyway). I also don't think you're obstinately refusing simply because you prefer Malden. I believe that you truly do have the community's best interest in mind, and you believe that hosting Malden is what the people want.

For all I know, this could very well be the truth. I've only had the chance to speak to a select set of people about this (as I'm sure you have as well). I'm simply suggesting that we start a conversation- asking players, admins, officers what they prefer, perhaps even put it to a vote? I definitely don't want you to go back on my word alone, but since there are many like me, I think you should consider the voice of the people on this issue. Perhaps you will be surprised by the result, or perhaps I will. I would personally like to hear what the majority of players want, and if a vote is conducted, I will respect the outcome if they so choose to stick with Malden.

I also forgot to mention, this is only for the US#2 Wasteland Server that I am suggesting change.
By xxphysicxx
I think the main problem is the amount of missions available.
-There needs to be more active missions at once
By Oli
i do agree that missions are spread out far on malden for fresh spawns

past the information on to the relevant person and[…]

No Message Received

Been getting No Message Received error all day t[…]

1944 Wipe

Why a wipe ? Will account be restored?

KOTH 1944 EU

Why are there no tanks or planes anymore on the eu[…]